Tuesday, March 10, 2009

simple innocence

Makenna and I were making a homemade cake. It sure looked pretty as it came out of the oven, but it didn't turn out as good as either of us had hoped it would. As Makenna was eating her piece, she said, "Mom, it is kinda sad that this cake looks so good, but it doesn't taste very good".

Light goes on, and I say, "You know, Makenna that is kind of a life lesson. Satan does that, he makes something look good, but it really isn't what it seems. He tries to trick us. Can you think of a way that Satan might try to trick us into thinking something bad is good?"

Makenna gives it some thought and her eyes light up all excited like. She then tells me "that one way Satan tries to trick us is with poison oak, it looks pretty and shiny, but if you touch it, it causes itchies all over your body." Yes, this is true, but I was thinking along the lines of something else.  I sure love her, and all her innocence.  


2 comments:

  1. Yay! You have a blog! It's so wonderful to see what you have been up to, and hear that things are going so well....all the kiddos are ADORABLE! Aimee, so many times I just want to talk to you about the apartments because you would completely understand everything I would say. I know you must have some of the funniest stories....well, funny now that you look back on them. I can't wait until I'm in your position and this place can just be a memory! I know it's a good job, but you know what I mean. Things are still going well though. We're expecting our first little one in July. I'm pretty nervous about doing this job with a newborn, but it should work out, right? You should stop by....the office looks a little different now. : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's is such a cute, smart girl and I love having her in my primary class!

    ReplyDelete