Tuesday, March 31, 2009

fhe cuteness

Last Monday Makenna had the Family Home Evening lesson, and she surprised us with a lesson and activity on Mothers. She started by telling us what Mothers do for us, and then gave us a clue that led us on a scavenger hunt. It was really sweet. We found a rolled up "scroll" at the end of the scavenger hunt that said this:

A- always busy.
I- intelligent
M-Makenna, her daughter
E- Enos, she loves to study
E- enlarge, she enlarges her love for us every day

C- catches, she catches us being bad and tells us the right way
H- healthy, she keeps us healthy
R-remembers, she remembers the way
I- I love her!
S- sweet as sugar
T- trouble, she's never in trouble
I- inside out, she fixes Luke's inside out undies
N-nice, she is very nice
E-Ensign, she reads the Ensign magazines

W- water, she gives us water
H- hibernate, she doesn't hibernate
I- inch, she loves us inch by inch
T- turtle, she's not slow like a turtle
M-movie night, we like to have movie nights
E- enter, we enter the world of happiness with her
R-rabbits, she loves rabbits

I loved this!  It was a special way for me to see into Makenna's mind about what she thinks I am. She's really such a special girl, and it is fun to watch her grow. And I'm sure that I'll look back someday and smile at the challenges Luke is going through.  And I will love them all day long, and give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons (a plug for the song I loved as a little girl).

No comments:

Post a Comment