Monday, March 23, 2009

a doctor in the house

After an agonizingly long first morning of Spring Break, I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands, and organized a doctors office upstairs in the playroom to keep little minds engaged and busy. I could not believe the things that Makenna and Luke came up with! They crack me up. As I was lying on the hospital bed, being "examined" I was told the following:

Makenna: Mom, first let me work on your hair, because it is very out of date (ouch, by the way). First, you need a trim. There, you look much better.


Luke: (holding a mirror into my mouth) Ut oh, you have a silver thing on your tooth.
Makenna: Wow! Really! Let me see!! What is it, Mom?
Me: A cavity. Pretty gross, huh?
Makenna: No, that's awesome! I always wanted to have a silver tooth! (pause) but just not from a cavity.


Makenna: (inspecting my thigh--I was nervous for this one) Well, it looks pretty good, you have a good size bone. (um...thanks?)


Luke: (using the stethoscope to listen to my heart) Mom . . . you do have a heart! (Was there any doubt??)


Makenna: (tapping my throat with a comb) Oooooo. You have good rhythm, Mom! (wasn't she the one making the rhythm? It's okay, I'll take the compliment.)


Makenna: Well, it looks like you need to take 2 of these (hands me my pretend medicine) and take it easy, and don't forget to brush your teeth and say your prayers.


Good advice, Makenna! Thanks for making me feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I like the advice-Brush your teeth and say your prayers! I'd love to see your out of date hair.

    ReplyDelete