Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a report on brothers

Makenna had to give her 2nd grade speech this week, and her teacher let them decide on the topic. This is what she came up with...


Hello, My name is Makenna. Today I brought pictures of my two cute brothers to share with you.

I love my brother Luke very much.
Luke is 3 years old, and will turn 4 in 2 months. Luke is very sweet, but very hyper. He likes to play with tools and his hockey sticks.

We love to play together. Some of the things we like to do are jumping on the mattresses in our play room. My mom lays out two extra mattresses that we have, and Luke and I jump back and forth between them.
We also like to play with legos. Here is a castle that I made when we were playing legos. Luke likes to build towers when we play legos. (hold up lego castle)

During the summer we like to play in the pool and splash each other. Another thing we like to do is Luke will throw in a dive stick, and I will swim underneath the water and get it. Then Luke throws it back in again. It is a lot of fun, and work when he throws them into the deep end. Once he threw it so far into the deep end that I had to jump off the dive rock into the freezing water and swim all the way down into the water to get it.

Jared is my other brother, he is almost 10 months old. He will turn 1 in May. I love to make Jared laugh. He has such a cute laugh! I make him giggle by playing peek-a-boo. I play peek-a-boo many different ways, one is crouching underneath my mom and dad’s bed and jumping up and saying “peek a boo! I see you!”. Then Jared starts laughing, and laughing, and laughing. He also loves to drive a car (hold up a picture)

and brush his teeth (hold up picture).


He also loves to eat ice cream, here is a funny picture of him eating my Dad’s ice cream cone. (show picture)

We all love ice cream!
My brothers are my best friends, I love to play with them and make them laugh. Sometimes when we go on long trips in the car we all sit next to each other and play games. We have lots of fun together.

Thank you for listening to my Show and Tell. Now I hope you know more about my bothers and what I love to do with them. I have time for 3 questions.


I love to see Makenna's interpretation of her relationship with her brothers.  I hear a lot of "Mom, I need your help, Luke's picking at me!"  But I know Makenna has a deep love for her brothers, and it is fun to see that.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that I was thinking the same thing! At least she thinks they are best buds! It'll be interesting to hear Lukes side of the story ;)

    ReplyDelete