Wednesday, June 3, 2009

nummy numminess

I have a secret love affair with these:

I can eat (and sometimes do) a whole pan by myself. Yum-flipping-o!
Bread Sticks
1 1/2 C. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp salt (I use a tad less)
4-6 C. flour
1/4 C. butter
1/4 tsp. (or so) Garlic powder
Parmesan Cheese

1. In a medium bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let stand 10 mins., add salt and flour until it's not sticky
2. Knead, then cover and rise until double.  Roll out dough into rectangle, cut into strips and twist.  Place in greased pan.
3.  Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan, Bake in preheated oven.  400 for 15-20 mins.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, yum!! Those look really, really good and I know we will have to try them very, very soon. Mmmmm... fresh bread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee, I'm gonna try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is almost exactly my bread stick recipe! except mine doesn't have to rise. Yummy! Probably good as pizza dough and calazone dough and cinnamin sticks. MMMMM! I'll have to try these next time. Thanks Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Thanks for sharing that recipe. I'll have to make me some. Not that I'm checking out your tushie, but I'm sure It's tiny just like the rest of you. Lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these last night with our spaghetti dinner... Guessed on the salt amount though, can you please add that measurement?! Thanks!! :) (They were still a hit, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a dork! The recipe calls for 1 tsp salt, but I like it better a little less salty. Sorry for not listing the amount in the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I was right on with my guess for the salt measurement! The only thing I didn't like about these was that I cooked them until they were just barely a little golden brown, but next time I will bake them a little less because they weren't quite squishy enough for me... Love the garlic and parmesan cheese on them though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a guy over for dinner, and made lasagna and tried these... so thanks to you Aimee :D
    he was quite impressed. haha. I think I might be having an affair soon too!!! JK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the recipe. We tried them and loved them. Mine did not turn out as beautiful as yours, but they were delicious and so easy to make. I used "Johnny's Garlic Spread" mixed with the butter - awesome. I will make these again.

    ReplyDelete