Friday, July 24, 2009

hot date

We got home from camping, and I was dying to go out. Being pretty last minute, we couldn't get a babysitter, so I traded a date with Ben for a date with Makenna.

I introduced Makenna on one of my favorites...Olive Garden. She loved it as much as I do. We ordered a pasta and broccoli dish, and shared. I taught her the art of filling up on bread sticks and salad, and bringing home the dinner as leftovers for the next day. Life lessons here.

After dinner we went to a friends wedding reception. Ate cake. Chatted. Dropped cake. Blew bubbles. Got another piece of cake to replace the dropped cake. Said goodnight to a wonderful evening with my kiddo, and realized just how unfair it is that someday I will have to share my dates with her.

Makenna is so full of light and life. She loves to laugh and make others happy. What a special girl, I'm glad I got to share a fun night to rediscover what makes her such a great girl!

4 comments:

  1. I love that girl time! When does this cute girl have her baptism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I need to start having more one on one time with my kids again. They grow too fast! Makenna is such a sweet girl. I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have taught her the fine art of dining at Olive Garden to get the most bang for your buck!! Leftovers for lunch the next day is a MUST from O.G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I saw you guys that night - I had no idea it was a special mommy date. I need to follow your example and take Eve out.

    ReplyDelete