Thursday, October 15, 2009

loss of innocence

Bed time tuck in tonight went as follows:

Makenna-crumpling up a note to the tooth fairy, "Well, that was pointless, she hasn't come in 3 nights!"

Me: "Well, why don't you give her another try tonight?"

Makenna: "Because I KNOW that you are the tooth fairy..."

Me: stammering, "when did you find that out?"

Makenna: with a smirk. "Just now...you just told me!"


The rest of the conversation was me trying to back track and convince my 8 year old that I am most certainly NOT the tooth fairy. Makenna giggled and held out her hand, and said, "Now, give me my money!"


6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's cute, she's too smart for her own good. Just like April! It's so easy to forget to leave those after bed goodies, been there too! Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte found out when she discovered our "tooth stash" in the closet. (We now throw all the teeth away) She quickly put two and two together and figured out about the Easter bunny and Santa all in the same day. It was a pretty traumatic day for her. Makenna sure is a smarty pants! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's really funny! What a smarty! And she's so pretty. She looks like a little angel in her baptism dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I'm so not ready for that! I hope my kids believe until they're teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow AIMEE, your the tooth fairy? Hm, well that is just so cool that you used to drive hundreds of miles to leave money under my pillow at night. So sweet, thanks! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete