Tuesday, January 26, 2010

and so it begins

Luke desperately needed new tennis shoes.  I go pick out a pair I think he will like, blue...his favorite color.  Nike, a must.  They also happen to be velcro (not dumb velcro, but really cool looking velcro) that I think is important, because let's be honest...any short cut I can find, I'll take right now.

I come home pretty late for Luke, but hear him open his bedroom door any way.  He heard the garage door open and shut, and wants to come see me before climbing back into bed.  I show him his shoes, and anticipate him sleepily going back upstairs.  But he was more excited about this than I ever guessed he would be.

After trying on the shoes and bookin it around the house like 50 times (and I'm not even exaggerating) he finally pulls off a shoe and goes over each and every detail of it with his Dad.  It seems there is this athletic shoe obsession that will bond these two boys til the end of time!  Ben described all the details of the shoe and how it works (like this is a deep topic or something, what do you mean how it works?!)

I don't claim to understand, just love.

The object of obsession.   See, told you it's not dorky velcro.

4 comments:

  1. What about ballet shoes? Can Dads and Daughters bond over those? If not, there are some serious relationship issues over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome shoes, sporty velcro and all! I'll have to ask Luke tomorrow how they "work." (I'm mystified, too....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK....WHERE DID YOU GET THEM???!!! I love them! Preston needs new shoes so badly! He's only had velcro for his whole 4 years! (Not dorky...but cool velcro...as well.) And...I kid you not...Jason was on NikeID.com today for HOURS designing his own shoes. His shoe fetish is sad. I almost made him cry when I told him I didn't want him to design any for me.

    ...Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I so love how they make velcro more cool and sporty than it used to be! Ethan pretty much gets a new pair of Nikes every year for his birthday and last year I was unable to find a pair I liked in his size that was the cool, sporty velcro. :( I've been tying shoes for almost a year!

    ReplyDelete