Friday, February 24, 2012

and then there were six...

Our family grew to 6 over a month ago, when Isaac was born.  He made his debut at 12:35 am, officially sharing his birthday with Ben.  We are all head over heals in love with him!

Jared came so fast that I didn't have time to receive any pain medication, I was determined not to let that happen again .  So, Monday morning when contractions were a steady 5 minutes apart, we headed on into the hospital.  After being monitored there for a couple hours (and having contractions that spaced back out to 8 minutes apart, go figure) I asked to go home and keep an eye on things there.  Not to mention I had a date with a friend for lunch and pedicures.  I do have priorities.

We decided to celebrate Ben's birthday early that night because a friend brought over an apple pie, and it's always best fresh, right?  We did a little breakfast for dinner, a little pie and presents, all the while I was squirming in pain from contractions.

After tucking the kids in bed and calling a friend over to sit with the quiet house, we headed to the hospital and 3 hours later, the little man was born.  And it's been a cake walk ever since!



Such small and delicate features.  I'm always amazed at how small and sweet 
these babies start out.  I just love holding and soaking in a newborn baby straight from heaven.




Isaac has already brought so much light and happiness to our home.
He is adored by all who meet him, and will melt your
heart by cooing and making sweet eyes at you.

2 comments:

  1. #1 So, you're alive. The heart is still beating. This is nice, yes? Yes. Good news.(:

    #2 He's SO LONG! I mean, no surprise there, but still! Four children. My best wishes to you. It's so nice when the delivery goes well. Hope you have a great weekend and that things continue to be a cake walk!

    ReplyDelete