Sunday, August 11, 2013

keeping on

We moved to Texas (again).  The biggest lesson I've learned the past year or so is to never assume you are in charge of your life.  Isn't there an old adage about that?
on the forever drive out to Texas

My kids keep growing up, Makenna went to Young Women's today at church.  Luke is 8 and has been baptized, Jared starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks, and Isaac is a bonefied nursery member at church.


While moving so much lately has been hard, it has also brought many
opportunities for us.  Makenna, Luke, and Jared are friends.  They deeply love each other, and they know that no matter what state we live in, they have got each other.  I love the friendships that I see blossoming, and hope they forever hang onto those.









We miss my family and friends in Oregon a lot.
Ike and cousins, Michael and Alison







On the plus side...we've made great friends in Texas.

A beach camping trip, with 5 families.  The Wirthlins, the Walkers, the Samulians, and the Bird families.  The highlight of the trip was going ghost crab hunting, and the ice cream we made while we camped.  The worst part...the mosquitos were so bad.  No amount of deet would keep the suckers away.  The next day, I gave Jared some Benadryl before we left for church.  He fell asleep
on my lap, and I counted 90 mosquito bites from his knees down.  Poor buddy, he was such a trooper.


2 comments:

  1. Saw your father in law yesterday and he filled me in on your recent moves. Glad things worked out best for you to go back to Texas. Sounds like life is full and great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post ever, Aimee. That's the perfect way to sum it all up! Now...does this mean I have to start blogging again, too? Ack!

    ReplyDelete