Monday, May 18, 2009

snip

Jared has had a funny little mohawk for the last 6 months or so (was just how his hair had grown in), and I haven't had the heart to give him his first hair cut to get rid of it...until today. I used to try to smooth his hair over to one side, but that just made him look like an aging old man with a comb-over.

I don't know if I can even really call it a hair cut, it was just a few snips off the top to try to even out the length all around. Kinda sad. Kinda happy...he is growing up.

Before-


He looks like he's in pain, but really it's pure joy. Those are chocolate chip pancakes for Luke's birthday breakfast last week!















After-



Oh Jared, please stop growing for just a little bit.  You move so fast, and 
change so quickly...I just need a few more hours in the day to soak you all up.
Your big brown eyes and sweet personality melt your mama's heart.


3 comments:

  1. Amiee, I love it!! It almost makes his hair look lighter. Jared is so cute! You are so talented. I wish I knew how to cut hair! I try cutting my boys hair and it never looks like I want it to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the second pictures were of LUKE! His hair looks lighter either from the haircut or the lighting in the pictures! So cute. I wish I could see your fam more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness he's so cute!

    You're a pretty good barber too, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete